Make this delicious grilled beet salad with Rosé infused cranberries for your next Summer gathering. The redcurrant, strawberry and peach flavours found in our dry-style Esk Valley Estate Rosé pair beautifully with this tasty salad.
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Esk Valley Estate Rosé
- 3 medium-large golden beetroots
- 3 medium-large red beetroots
- 3 slices of thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Crumbled Goat’s cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 220℃.
- Place the cranberries into a small saucepan over medium heat and pour over Rosé until submerged. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat once it starts simmering and set aside to cool.
- Place unpeeled beetroots on a baking tray, lightly coat in olive oil and place in the oven to cook for around 30 minutes or until slightly soft when pierced with a knife.
- Remove the beetroots from the oven and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, remove the skins.
- Whilst the beetroots are cooling, cook the bacon in the oven until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and seasoning. Pour this over the cooled and peeled beetroots and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove the beetroots from the marinade and save the remaining liquid to use as a dressing.
- Place the beetroots on a grill and char on each side for approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and dice into bite-sized cubes.
- Assemble the salad by placing the beetroots first then top with infused cranberries, chopped bacon and crumbled goat’s cheese. Finish with a drizzle of the remaining dressing.