- 250g halloumi, sliced into 8
- 1 large Eggplant, sliced into thick discs
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 packet Esk Valley + Wild Fennel Co. mint – cumin – ginger seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Small handful fresh coriander
- Juice 1 lime
- 4 burger buns, halved and toasted
- Handful wild rocket or basil to serve
Put the halloumi, red peppers and eggplant in a mixing bowl with the chilli, half a packet of Esk Valley + Wild Fennel Co. mint – cumin – ginger seasoning, lemon juice and a glug of oil. Leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
Mash the avocado with the mayonnaise, coriander, lime and the remainder of packet of seasoning.
Heat a barbecue or griddle pan, then cook the eggplant and red capsicum for 5 minutes on each side or until charred and tender. Cook the halloumi for 1 minute on each side or until charred. Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted bun bases, then top with halloumi, eggplant and roasted red peppers. Scatter over the rocket or basil, add the bun tops and serve.
Best paired with:
- Esk Valley Artisanal Syrah
- Valley Artisanal Malbec Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
- Esk Valley Artisanal Grenache
- Esk Valley Artisanal Tempranillo
- Esk Valley Estate Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon Malbec