A fantastic Peruvian inspired recipe, perfect for devouring as the sun touches the horizon. Using just a few fresh ingredients, these zesty and delicious morsels alongside a chilled glass of our Esk Estate Sauvignon Blanc is a match made in Peruvian heaven.
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 young coconut
- 600g skinless sashimi-grade Kingfish, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- 2 Long red chilies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Handful of baby coriander leaves, for garnish
- Zest of 1 lemon, for garnish
- Tortilla chips to serve
- To make the Ceviche dressing, combine lime juice, olive oil, coconut juice, red onion and a pinch of salt flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the Kingfish in a bowl and pour on half the dressing to marinate. Rest for 5 minutes to partially cook the fish.
- To serve, place the marinated Kingfish on top of the tortilla chips. Top with chopped cucumber, avocado, chilies and remaining dressing. Scatter with coriander and lemon zest, and serve immediately.