This spicy and aromatic curry is easy to make and works so well with the peach and citrus flavours in our Hawkes Bay Estate Pinot Gris. See below for the full recipe and enjoy on these cool winter days.
- ½ pumpkin, cubed
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 handful of broccolini
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger, minced
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 4 red thai chillies, sliced (save one for garnishing)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Coriander stalks from a bunch of coriander, chopped (save leaves for garnishing)
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 2 cups of veggie stock
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 220℃.
- Coat the pumpkin and aubergine in a bit of olive oil. Bake the pumpkin and aubergine on a flat tray for about 20 minutes (turning them once after 10 minutes).
- Steam the snow peas and broccolini for 4 minutes, cool down.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan on low to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add in the chopped coriander, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, coriander stalks and cumin and fry it off gently for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- Finally, add in the kaffir lime leaves and veggie stock and continue to simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- Once the curry is reduced to the desired consistency, add in the cooked pumpkin, eggplant, snow peas and broccolini.
- Season with fish sauce, lime and a touch of sugar (if needed).
- Serve on top of brown rice, garnish with fresh coriander and red chilli.