Creamy and comforting, this Wild Mushroom Tagliatelle, Manchego and Fresh Parsley recipe is the perfect dish for cosy nights in. The flavours are incredible, and paired with a robust red from our Artisanal Collection, it’s sure to become an all-time favourite.
- 200 g of 00 flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 500 gr mixed wild mushrooms
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup parsley, rough chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of sage, chopped
- ¼ cup grated Grana Padano cheese (or Parmesan cheese)
- ¼ cup Manchego cheese, shaved
- To make the pasta dough, place the flour on a clean table, make a hole in the middle and add the whisked eggs and olive oil. Fold until the dough comes together. Place the dough into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While the pasta is resting. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or until golden, stir and continue cooking until the mushrooms are caramelised, 3-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter, garlic, half of the basil, the thyme, and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is caramelised and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside
- Take the ball of pasta dough from the fridge and cut it in half. Roll each half into two wide thin sheets of pasta, less than 1mm thick. If you have a pasta machine, divide the dough into 4 before rolling out.
- To cut the pasta sheets into tagliatelle, roll the sheets up and cut into large 0.75cm strips. Unravel the cut tagliatelle strips and twirl into little nests. Dust the nests liberally with flour to stop them from sticking.
- Cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water for 3–5 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, reserve ½ cup of pasta water and drain the rest. Add drained pasta to the saucepan with the grana padano cheese and the chopped parsley, stirring gently over low heat for a minute or so. Add some pasta water if necessary to keep the sauce creamy and the flavours well incorporated.
- Transfer to a platter or portion onto individual plates. Add shaved manchego on top
- Pair with a glass of our Artisanal Hawkes Bay Malbec Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon.